Monday, January 2, 2012

A New Year...and Better Luck?

I, for one, am very glad that 2011 is over! It really wasn't the best year for me. I am hoping that 2012 will turn out to be better! I'm not really one for resolutions, per se, but I do like to have a few new goals every year.

This year, I will...



make the perfect French Macaron. Right now, I make acceptable macarons, but they are nothing special.

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



read through the entire Bible. I have my favorite books, but I want to branch out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >


travel to one place in the US that I've never been to.  Visiting my in-laws in Florida for the first time would probably be a good start.

What? We've only been together for 6 years.

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -



make one new friend. I think I've bemoaned that fact that all my close friends live far away from me for long enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >


keep a plant alive for more than 2 weeks. I have what my family calls a black thumb. As in, I have killed every single plant I've ever had. So having a plant for a month would be a huge accomplishment.

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



be more creative with my existing wardrobe. We have some huge expenses coming up this year, and I'd like to save some money by shopping less.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >


be a better granddaughter. I rarely visit my grandmother because I don't speak her dialect of Chinese, so there's a lot of gesticulating and a strange halting combination of Cantonese, Toisanese, and English. I need to get over the awkwardness.

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
So those are my goals for the year! I actually have one more really huge goal, but I'm afraid of jinxing myself, so I'll keep mum for now...

5 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle! Happy New Year! You have alot of goals there but I am sure you will reach them all:)
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have created a wonderful list and have inspired me to add some of these to mine! I truly hope 2012 proves to be a better year :)

    xoxo,

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals for the year. I'm trying to get a little more organized with my life in my home and time management...it's a goal anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list of goals! I hope you achieve them all and have a wonderful 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your goals for the year. inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...they're often the highlight of my day!