I found this little gem at my local Home Goods for $22:
$22! I don't think I could even build that for $22. Especially since "building" it would have involved bribing my husband to do it for me. While the footstool looks okay as it is, it doesn't coordinate with my bedroom at all. Plus, the top is kind of grotty looking, and there is a slight rip in one of the seams. But that doesn't matter to me, because I plan to recover it in this fabric:
I have pillows made out of the same fabric on my bed. I was originally going to make it a tufted footstool, but I haven't decided on that for sure. We'll see how it goes once I get in there.
I had intended to finish the project this weekend, but my aunt had a stroke on Saturday, and I spent most of the weekend in the hospital trying to support my cousins. I learned that people often don't recognize the signs of stroke, and because of this, it is one of the leading causes of death in the United States. If someone exhibits these symptoms, it is very important to call 911 immediately.
- Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg (especially on one side of the body)
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause