Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Fun

This was the best weekend I'd had in a long time! Mostly because I have a new project, and nothing excites me like a new project.

Like I mentioned on Friday, I randomly decided that I really needed to spruce up my closet. It's a nice sized closet and it has a lot of great built-ins and drawers and things, but it just looks really boring. I'm not quite done yet, so I'm not going to post any pictures, but I'll give you a hint. It involved paint in this beautiful shade of blue:

Harmony Interior Paint in Spa

So I spent most of Saturday afternoon and evening doing some painting. I've never used paint from Sherwin-Williams before, but I happened to pass one as I was running errands. I ended up paying $50 for a gallon of their Harmony paint, which is undoubtedly the best paint I have ever used. It's Zero-VOC, almost odorless, dries quickly, and is made from acrylic latex. Which means I didn't have to use turpentine or paint thinner for clean-up. I'm really sensitive to smell, though, and most paint gives me a headache that lasts for days. It was definitely worth the extra money to me. (By the way, that wasn't sponsored or anything; I just really loved this paint.)

I also did a little DIY project converting some old CD towers (remember those?) into a jewelry holder/organizer.





I'll probably post a tutorial later this week, just because it was an incredibly fast and easy project and I think it looks pretty good!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It turned out wonderfully. I can't wait for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea. Your wkd DIY turned out beautifully Michelle!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...they're often the highlight of my day!