Monday, February 27, 2012

Weekend Fun

This was the best weekend I'd had in a long time! Mostly because I have a new project, and nothing excites me like a new project.

Like I mentioned on Friday, I randomly decided that I really needed to spruce up my closet. It's a nice sized closet and it has a lot of great built-ins and drawers and things, but it just looks really boring. I'm not quite done yet, so I'm not going to post any pictures, but I'll give you a hint. It involved paint in this beautiful shade of blue:

Harmony Interior Paint in Spa

So I spent most of Saturday afternoon and evening doing some painting. I've never used paint from Sherwin-Williams before, but I happened to pass one as I was running errands. I ended up paying $50 for a gallon of their Harmony paint, which is undoubtedly the best paint I have ever used. It's Zero-VOC, almost odorless, dries quickly, and is made from acrylic latex. Which means I didn't have to use turpentine or paint thinner for clean-up. I'm really sensitive to smell, though, and most paint gives me a headache that lasts for days. It was definitely worth the extra money to me. (By the way, that wasn't sponsored or anything; I just really loved this paint.)

I also did a little DIY project converting some old CD towers (remember those?) into a jewelry holder/organizer.





I'll probably post a tutorial later this week, just because it was an incredibly fast and easy project and I think it looks pretty good!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! It turned out wonderfully. I can't wait for the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea. Your wkd DIY turned out beautifully Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The afternoon was high drama. It's when the game was hanging on the edge, swaying towards India. Perhaps, an early finish was on cards Tobacco Shop, you wondered then. The context provided more drama. Edwards is a debutant, who was given wrongly out in the first innings Newport Cigarettes Website. He seemed iffy against the short ball. He seemed almost strokeless in the afternoon initially. And then there was Chanderpaul, the last senior standing in this West Indies team with doomsday clouds hovering over him. It had threatened to rain in the morning but luckily, the sun was out by the noon. We had the best crowd of the Test series today. There were quite a few Indian fans, probably down from the US, hollering cheerfully at one corner. Around them and across them, at the grass mound, the West Indians sat under umbrellas, shielding themselves from the sun. The drama began to unravel.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments...they're often the highlight of my day!